Thursday, June 23, 2016

What Is Going to Happen?

Thanks for all the fan mail, from all you flounders out there. To everyone who has asked me what is going to happen, I say this: If I knew what was going to occur in the future, I would predict the lottery numbers, and the last time U would see me would be at LAX heading for an underground bunker in Switzerland.
All Quiet on the Western Front




Since that cannot happen, this is what I will be doing. I will be leading children, through a museum, and teaching children how food gets from the field to their personal front door. I will play a talking orange, juggle lemons, and roll on the floor.


Agriculture Museum, Santa Paula, California


Every talk I give I end with telling the kids. "Lemons, oranges, strawberries and avocados are very important. But the most important thing is to listen to your mother, father, and teachers. I did that and that is why I am here today."
Docent Badge, Museum of  Ventura County


My heart is at my museum, and my future is each of the faces I see. I will protect them. I will not let them down, and nothing, nothing, will ever change that. I love U Ruth and miss you terribly. Everything for U and the children. 
Santa Paula, California


I have to be there now, to teach, and protect, because we are supposed to be teaching and protecting. Right? What else can I do?

"If you want to change the world; change yourself" 
Ruth Decker-Tabarez 5-10-1958/11-26-2013


Island Fox, Museum of  Ventura County



2 comments:

  1. Thabnk you Steven, for teaching and protecting our future. If we do not pass on the lessons of our parents, who have been called the greatest generation, how will we have another great generation, or a greater generation? Those lessons were born of sacrifice and perseverance in the face of great evil and hardship. Achieving greatness is never easy. "We do these things not because they are easy but because they are hard" JFK at Rice University 9/12/1962

    John Derbyshire

    ReplyDelete
  2. People often ask me? Who taught you when you were younger. I say: "John Derbyshire." Done. You know me JD, and I believe, still like me. This is a true man. Look in the dictionary? Under real man? This guy! Truth! Done!

    ReplyDelete